This article shows you the strategies you need to build a responsive website from scratch.
The web building tools you need to build page structure, add content, and make your site mobile responsive are on the Sinorbis platform. The tools for templates and custom builds are the same.
Custom builds have 2 unique requirements. Those requirements are described here:
- creating page structure
- creating the Homepage structure
1 Creating page structure
When building a website from scratch, you’ll save time and produce a quality product if you follow best practices. We call these best practices The Design Principle of Three.
a. Each web page has three core parts:
- header (top)
- body (the middle)
- footer (bottom)
b. Each body has three layers:
- section (outermost layer)
- column (an inner layer to create the space that organises content)
- content (the innermost layer consisting of headings, text, images, etc.)
c. Each page - for desktop and mobile - follows 3 layout rules:
- the header has a logo, menu and social media buttons
- the body has rows made with columns
- the content reads on a left-right axis
2 Creating a basic Homepage structure
An attractive and mobile responsive web page does not require a complex structure. We suggest starting with a basic hierarchy. Over time, you can make adjustments and add complex elements.
Here is one way to organise the Homepage:
- Header: include a logo, menu and social media buttons.
- Carousel or Slider: add images to visually display your product or service.
- Body content: insert text, images and other components to describe your products and services in detail.
- Form or map: capture leads and help visitors connect with you.