This article shows you how to preview and share a WeChat article before it is published live. Use this technique to preview a WeChat article on your phone and then edit the content or display before publishing.
You can also use this technique to share an unpublished WeChat article with other people and get their feedback or approval before going live.
1 Creating a WeChat article
The first step is to create -- but not publish -- a WeChat article.
- On the Sinorbis dashboard, click WECHAT on the top menu. The WeChat page displays.
- Click the green Create Post button.
To learn more about creating a WeChat article, see:
2 Previewing a WeChat article
By now, you have created a WeChat article inside the WeChat editor. The next step is to save the article, go to Preview mode, and generate a QR code.
- In the WeChat editor, scroll to the top of the page and then click the Done button. The editor closes and the Edit Post Content page displays.
- At the top of the Edit Post Content page, click the Save button. The Edit Content page displays.
- On the Edit Content page, click Upload to WeChat. A popup box displays.
Before clicking the Upload to WeChat button, be sure your article contains all necessary content. After uploading, you cannot add new sub articles or material. While editing a WeChat article, you can only make changes to the existing content.
- Click Yes in the popup box. The Edit Content page displays.
Clicking Yes in the popup box moves your article to Preview mode on the WeChat platform. However, the article is not published. In Preview mode, you can review the article on your computer monitor. You can also use a QR code to test the article on a mobile device (as described below).
- On the Edit Content page, click Preview. A mock smartphone displays part of the article.
- Click the title or image on the mock smartphone to open the full article in Preview mode.
Viewing in Preview mode
After clicking the title or preview image, the full WeChat article displays in the mock smartphone. Use the scroll bar to view the article.
You will also see a QR code next to the mock smartphone.
3 Viewing an unpublished article on your phone
The next step is to preview the unpublished WeChat article on a phone (or other mobile device).
3.1 Previewing on your phone
- With the WeChat article open in Preview mode, scan the QR code on the computer monitor using the QR scan tool inside the WeChat app. After scanning, a live but unpublished version of the WeChat article displays on your phone.
- Use the scroll bar to inspect the content and display quality.
3.2 Allowing others to preview
Send the QR code to other people so they can review the same unpublished WeChat article.
- Take a screenshot of the QR code on your computer monitor.
- Save the screenshot to your computer.
- Share the screenshot with other people (e.g. via email, instant messaging apps, etc.).
4 Editing and publishing
After reviewing the article, you can make changes to the existing content. When the review and edit process is complete, publish your WeChat article.
For more information, see:
Please sign in to leave a comment.