This article shows you how to auto-publish WeChat posts as website pages. If you are active on WeChat, you know the time and resources required to assemble and publish that content. But since WeChat is a closed system, those posts don't contribute to your site's SEO success.
We've developed a tool to leverage the work you do on WeChat to also boost your website content. Our auto-generate tool lets you publish your WeChat content as a web page.
This tool has two main benefits for you.
- More website content helps improve visibility and encourages site visitors to stay longer.
- Our tool generates new website content with very little effort on your part.
1 Sending a post to followers
The first step is to create a WeChat post and send it to followers. For more information, see:
2 Publishing a WeChat article on your website
After sending a WeChat article to your followers, a new panel displays.
- To post the article on your website as a new page, click Publish post to Website. The Generate a Web Page panel displays.
- To do nothing else, click Done.
3 Customising the meta data
In the previous step, you selected Publish post to Website. After that, the Generate a Web Page panel displays with pre-filled data fields. The pre-fill process is not perfect, so it's a good idea to check the information for accuracy and completeness.
- Review and update information.
- Add new keywords (Chinese script), if required.
- Click Publish Now to push the page live.
- Click Publish Later to save the page as a draft.
If you click Publish Now, a popup box displays. It's a reminder that you might need to wait a few minutes before the page is created. Some time is required to upload content to the cloud.
4 Viewing the page
A few minutes after publishing, the WeChat page appears on your website.
- On the main menu click WEBSITE. The Website Content page displays.
- Scroll down and look for the page with a green WeChat icon.
- Check the status (published or draft).
- To view the WeChat page, click the URL under the page name. The page displays in a new tab.
5 Editing a WeChat page
You can edit a WeChat page. These edits change the way the page displays on your website but do not change the WeChat article sent to your followers.
- On the Website Content page, locate the WeChat page you want to edit.
- Hover the mouse pointer on the page name. The menu displays.
- Click Edit. The Edit Content page displays.
- Scroll down below the header.
- Hover the mouse pointer on content. A green box frames the content. There is also a toolbar called WeChat Post at the top of the box.
- Click content anywhere inside the green box. The WeChat editor displays.
- Edit the WeChat post.
- Click Done when finished. The WeChat editor closes and the updated WeChat page displays in the Edit Content page.
- In the top right corner of the Edit Content page, click Publish to update the live version of the web page.
- If your page is a draft, click Save.