This article shows you how to translate Chinese language messages from WeChat followers.
Automated translation, as noted at the end of this article, is a tool that can help you understand what your followers are writing. However, it's not a two-way communication tool.
1 Adjusting your language settings
The automatic translator takes Chinese text from a WeChat follower's message and changes it into your preferred language. To check or update your preferred language setting, go to the Profile and Settings page.
- In the top right corner of the Dashboard page, click the icon beside your account name. A drop-down menu displays.
- Select Profile & Settings. The Account Summary page displays.
- On the right side of the page, click the box beside Language. A drop-down menu displays.
- Select your prefered language. The system updates your preference; there is no Save button.
2 Opening the WeChat message page
- On the Dashboard page, click WECHAT in the top-level menu. The WeChat Content page displays.
- On the left side menu, click FOLLOWERS. The folder opens.
- Inside the FOLLOWERS folder, click Messages. The Messages page displays.
3 Translating a WeChat message
Depending on the length of the original message, the translation may take a few minutes to display.
- Click a follower on the left side of the Messages page. A list of messages from that follower displays on the right side of the page.
- Locate the Chinese-language message you want to read.
- Click the translation button in the top right corner of the message. The translated text (in your preferred language) displays below the Chinese text. Translated text (in your preferred language) displays below the Chinese text.
About automated translations
The Sinorbis translation tool is designed to help business owners and managers — who cannot read Chinese text — understand what their Chinese customers are writing.
The Sinorbis Automated Translator is not suitable to facilitate two-way communication. Most of the time, translation accuracy is satisfactory, or better, in terms of representing main ideas. However, automated translation technology today is still limited, especially for long passages. It cannot replace human translators or interpreters when there is a need for high-quality translations. We do not recommend using this tool to communicate with your followers.
If you want to send reply messages to followers (and don't have access to in-house translation services), we suggest the following. Send a reply in your native language (e.g. English, French). Your followers most likely will use their own translation app to translate your message. This strategy increases the likelihood that followers will understand your message and reduces the possibility of a potentially embarrassing communication mistake.