There are two ways to customise the appearance of a Section Component.
- configure universal default style settings in the Style Editor
- customise an individual component by accessing the Settings panel on the toolbar
The Style Editor contains a core set of customisation tools. The Section Component Settings panel contains these core tools plus a few extra ones.
This article describes customisation tools found in the Section Component Settings panel, but not in the Style Editor.
For more information about the core customisation tools in the Style Editor, see:
1 Adding a name
Giving a section a name is a handy tool if you want to create anchor links on a page. An anchor link is a hyperlink which, when clicked, takes your web visitor to a different place on the same page).
If a Section Component does not have a name, you cannot link to that section. You can add a name after creating a Section Component.
- Click WEBSITE on the top menu bar.
- On the left side menu, select the CONTENT folder and then click Manage. The Website Content page displays.
- Hover the mouse pointer on a page.
- Click the Edit button. The Edit Content area opens.
- Hover the mouse pointer on a Section Component. The toolbar displays.
- Click the Settings button in the top left corner. The Settings panel displays.
- Type a unique name into the text field. For best results, avoid names with spaces.
2 Adding navigation
- Check the box if you want the Section Name to appear in a Link Picker panel.
- Uncheck the box to remove the Section Name from the Link Picker.
3 Changing section alignment
Adjust the position of content inside a Section Component: align left, centre, or align right. The Width Setting influences the position of left or right aligned content.
4 Setting Advanced features
The Advanced tab has 3 sets of options.