The video component in the Sinorbis CMS editor allows you to add video content in two different ways:
- Host the video directly in the Sinorbis file manager
- Host the video on Youku, Tencent, Vimeo or YouTube
The benefit of hosting your video content on Sinorbis is that you have full control over your brand and your videos will not be interrupted by ads as is the case when you're hosting on Youku. Embedding video content from Vimeo and YouTube may impact your website performance in China.
1 Placing the Video Component
- Click WEBSITE on the top menu bar.
- On the left side menu, select the CONTENT folder and then click Manage. The Website Content page displays.
- Hover your mouse pointer on a page.
- Click the Edit button. The Edit Content area opens.
- Drag the Video Component from the left panel to the page.
- Click into the Video component to open your video settings.
2 Add your video
You now have the option to either copy the video URL to your Youku, Tencent, YouTube or Vimeo video, or to select your Sinorbis hosted video from the file manager.
- To include a video hosted with one of the external hosting providers to your website, copy and paste your video URL into the relevant field.
- To add a video from your Sinorbis hosted files to your website, click on the select button to the right of the URL field and select the video from your file manager. Learn more about adding and deleting files.
2.1 Best Practice
Occasionally, you might encounter video display problems on mobile devices. If that problem occurs, review this suggested best practice:
3 Modifying Other Settings
Adjust the horizontal position of the video inside the component: align to the left, centre, or right.
Click the plus (+) or minus (-) buttons to change the height of the video player, not the video itself. If the height is set too low, the top or bottom of the video will not be visible.
The Width feature changes the distance between the left and right edges of the video display area. It also maintains the video’s original aspect ratio, so there is no visual distortion.
Set the width by changing the number of pixels or as a percentage of the video component's width.
To learn about custom styling with ID and Class Name selectors, see:
Configuring visibility lets you control which devices display the content. The default is all devices. To learn about visibility settings, see: