This article shows you how to display Youku video content on your website.
It’s not possible to upload a video directly to your Sinorbis account. However, you can still showcase video content on your Chinese website by hosting it on Youku, a Chinese video hosting website comparable to YouTube.
1 Creating a Youku Account
You can link to Youku video content without an account. To link to your own video content, you have to create an account.
- Create an account on the Youku platform (all Chinese script).
- Upload your video to the platform.
- Copy the video URL.
2 Placing the Youku Component
- Click WEBSITE on the top menu bar.
- On the left side menu, select the CONTENT folder and then click Manage. The Website Content page displays.
- Hover your mouse pointer on a page.
- Click the Edit button. The Edit Content area opens.
- Drag the Youku Component from the left panel to the page.
- Hover the mouse pointer on the Youku Component and then click the Settings button on the toolbar. The Youku Settings panel opens.
3 Inserting a Youku URL
Copy the video URL and paste it into the Youku URL field. No embed code is required.
3.1 Best Practice
Occasionally, you might encounter video display problems on mobile devices. If that problem occurs, review this suggested best practice:
4 Modifying Other Settings
Adjust the horizontal position of the video inside the component: align to the left, centre, or right.
Click the plus (+) or minus (-) buttons to change the height of the video player, not the video itself. If the height is set too low, the top or bottom of the video will not be visible.
The Width feature changes the distance between the left and right edges of the video display area. It also maintains the video’s original aspect ratio, so there is no visual distortion.
Set the width by changing the number of pixels or as a percentage of the video component's width.
To learn about custom styling with ID and Class Name selectors, see:
Configuring visibility lets you control which devices display the content. The default is all devices. To learn about visibility settings, see:
If you find this article useful, you may also be interested in the following: