This article shows you how to create a form on the Hubspot platform. After creating a Hubspot form, you can integrate it with the contact form you created on the Sinorbis platform. By integrating with HubSpot, you can access a wide range of CRM sales and marketing tools.
To set up this integrated system, you need to complete five tasks:
- Create a contact form on Sinorbis.
- Create a HubSpot account.
- Integrate Your Sinorbis Account with HubSpot
- Create a form on HubSpot.
- Integrate the two forms.
This article shows you how to complete step 4 -- create a HubSpot form.
Before creating that form, you need to complete steps 2. The basic HubSpot account is free. To open an account on HubSpot, go to the account page:
1 Opening the Forms dashboard
- Login to your HubSpot account.
- Click the Marketing tab on the top menu. A drop-down menu displays.
- Select Forms.The Forms page displays.
- Click the Create Form button in the top right corner of the page. The Choose a Type page displays.
2 Opening the form template page
On the Choose a Type page, select a form design option: regular or pop-up. To integrate well with the Sinorbis form, select Regular Form.
- Select Regular Form in the top left corner of the page.
- Click the Next button in the top right corner of the page. The Select a Template page displays.
3 Reviewing form options
On the left side of the Select a Template page, there are 2 basic form options (both described below):
- Choose Blank Template and then create a form with drag and drop components.
- Select one of the pre-designed template forms.
4 Working with a blank template
- Select Blank Template in the top left corner of the Select a Template page.
- Click the Start button in the top right corner of the page. The New Form page displays. The form has two elements: a field for an email address and a Submit button.
- Drag and drop components from the left side of the page. Create a form on the right side of the page.
- Move elements by clicking and moving the tab on the left side of an element field.
5 Working with templates
Templates can save some design time because they offer a ready-to-go structure. All templates can be edited. You can customise any template by adding or deleting elements on the form.
- Select the template you want to use from the list on the left side of the page.
- Click the Start button in the top right corner of the page. The New Form page displays. The name of the form is at the top of the page.
- Edit, remove, or add new elements.
6 Naming a form
Each new form begins with a generic title. Your form needs a unique name before you can integrate it with the Sinorbis form.
- Scroll to the top of the page.
- Click the Pencil icon beside the form name. The text box opens.
- Use the cursor to highlight the generic name and then click the Delete button.
- Type a unique form name.
- Click the mouse outside the box to stop editing.
7 Deleting elements
You can delete any element on a form.
- Hover the mouse pointer on the field you want to delete. A toolbar displays.
- Click the garbage can icon. The field is removed. There is no undo button.
8 Editing your HubSpot form
- To edit an element in the form, click the field. The edit dashboard opens on the left side of the screen. You can, for instance, change the field label or check a box to make the field required.
- Move elements by clicking the blue tab on the left side of an element field.
- There is no Save button. HubSpot auto saves your work.
9 Previewing a form
- Login to HubSpot.
- Click the Marketing tab on the top menu. A drop-down menu displays. Select Forms.
- The Forms page displays. A list of your current forms appears on the page.
- Click the form you want to preview or edit. The form opens in a new page.
- Click the Style & Preview button on the top menu. The preview page displays.
- Select a preview option: desktop, tablet, or mobile.
- The preview display area is below the Preview header.
10 Publishing a HubSpot form
Click the Publish button at the top of the page when the form is complete. A notification message appears with a link and code. There is no need to copy the link or code for this activity.
Please sign in to leave a comment.