This article shows you how to add a heading. A heading is a word or phrase that draws the reader’s attention. A heading works like a book title: it tells the reader what to expect.
Use headings as a:
- slogan in the header
- title or caption for an image
- link to other content
- section break in a long passage
To create a heading, you don’t write words on a webpage. Instead, you type words inside a Heading Component. A Heading Component is typically placed inside:
Multiple H1s on a page
It's a good idea to have one H1 heading on a page. H1 headings are an important part of any SEO strategy. They help search engines identify your keywords.
It's a bad idea to have two or more H1s on the same page. A page with multiple H1s generates crawl errors.
To avoid this problem, we have set some defaults in our Heading component.
- The first time you place a Heading component on a page, the text is set to H1.
- Every other Heading component on the same page is automatically set to H2.
1 Adding words to a Heading Component
To create a heading:
- Click WEBSITE on the top menu bar.
- On the left side menu, select the CONTENT folder and then click Manage. The Website Content page displays.
- Hover your mouse pointer on a page.
- Click the Edit button. The Edit Content area opens.
- Drag a Heading Component into a workspace.
- Click the Heading Component and then click the preset text Click here to edit. The preset text disappears.
- Type a word or words inside the Heading Component.
- After typing, click outside the Heading Component. If you press Enter on the keyboard, you add a new line inside the Heading Component.
2 Styling words
To change the way words appear (e.g. bold, italics, font size) and behave (e.g. add a link) inside a Heading Component, see:
3 Inserting special characters
Special characters can be inserted into a Heading Component. These characters include shapes, signs, internet symbols, and iconic images.
For more information, see: