There are many ways to share information with website visitors. This article shows you how to create a Call to Action (CTA) button with a link to a PDF file. When a website visitor clicks the button, the PDF opens in a new tab with a download button.
1 Uploading a file
The first step is to upload your PDF to the Sinorbis file manager and then copy the link.
- At the top of the dashboard, click WEBSITE.
- On the left-side menu, click CONTENT> Files. The Files page displays.
- On the Files page, click the Add button. The file manager displays.
- On your computer, select the PDF you want to upload and then click Open. The file uploads to your Sinorbis Files page.
- On the Files page, hover the mouse pointer near the file name. A menu displays.
- Click Copy link.
2 Inserting a CTA link
The next step is to create a button with the PDF link you copied in Step 1.
- Drag a Button component to a web page.
- Hover the mouse pointer on the component. The toolbar displays.
- Click the Settings button in the top left corner. The Button Settings panel displays.
- Click the Link tab on the Button Settings panel.
- On the Link panel, check the box if you want the PDF to open in a new tab and then click the Pencil icon.
- On the Link Picker panel, check the Custom URL tab and then paste the PDF link into the field.
- Click OK.
- Click OK on the Link panel.
- Click Save at the top of the Edit Content page.
3 Previewing the CTA link
You can test the link in Preview mode.
- Click Preview at the top of the Edit Content page. The web page displays in a new tab.
- Click the CTA button. The PDF opens in a new tab with a download button.
For more information, see: