This article shows you how to add header and footer scripts (sometimes called snippets) to a single page. This is a unique page-level tool. It's different from scripts that affect your entire website.
Why add script?
Scripts are small pieces of code that add functions or design elements to a page. Some examples include:
- tracking code for on-page ads
- analytics code
- custom style sheets
- custom fonts
This article describes how to add a script to a single web page. For information about inserting site-wide script, see:
1 Opening a web page
The first step is to open the web page that will receive the header or footer script.
- Click WEBSITE on the top menu bar.
- On the left side menu, select the CONTENT folder and then click Manage. The Website Content page displays.
- Locate the page you want to edit.
- Hover the mouse pointer on the page and then click Edit. The page opens in the Edit Content area.
2 Opening the Settings panel
- With the web page open in the Edit Content area, click the Settings button at the top of the screen. The Edit Settings page displays.
- Scroll down the Edit Settings page and locate the Header and Footer script boxes.
- Paste your code into one, or both, of the boxes.
- Scroll up to the top of the page and click Save.
- If the page was previously published, click the Publish button.