Site optimisation involves making changes that improve your website's ranking in search engines. Optimisation changes affect your site's relevance and readability.
The Issues page provides two sets of information:
- description of problems found on the Optimisation: Site Audit page
- description of solutions to optimise your site
The Issues page tracks seven categories of potential errors:
- Page Error
- Speed Performance
- Restricted Content
- Page Title
- Page Description
- Headings & Text
- Images and Links
1 Locating the Issues page
You can find Issues page in the OPTIMISE folder.
- Click WEBSITE on the top menu bar. The Website Content page displays.
- Locate the menu on the left side of the page.
- Click the OPTIMISE folder. The folder opens with three page links.
- Click Issues. The Issues page displays.
2 Locating errors
The top of the Issues page presents a summary of errors.
- To quickly locate errors, click the All Issues box. A drop-down menu displays.
- Locate the category, or categories, with errors.
- Select a category. The page displays an Issues box with those errors.
3 Reading the Issues box
Click the Issues box to display the content. The box opens and displays five kinds of error information:
- error category
- error name
- description of the issue
- suggested solutions
- links to pages with errors
- To fix an issue, click the page link (green text with a wrench). The page with an issue displays.
- Locate the issue on the page. The issue is not highlighted on the page. You need to remember the nature of the problem mentioned in the Issues box.
- Fix the issue.
- Click Save and then Publish.