This article shows you how to translate the Chinese text that website visitors submit on a form. The automated translation service translates Chinese script into your preferred language.
The Sinorbis Automated Translator produces fast translations. Most of the time, translation accuracy is satisfactory, or better, in terms of representing main ideas. However, at this stage, automated translation technology is still limited, especially for long passages. It cannot replace human translators or interpreters when there is a need for high-quality translations.
1 Adjusting your language settings
The automatic translator takes Chinese text from a submitted form and changes it into your preferred language. To check or update your preferred language setting, go to the Profile and Settings page.
- In the top right corner of the Dashboard page, click the icon beside your account name. A drop-down menu displays.
- Select Profile & Settings. The Account Summary page displays.
- On the right side of the page, click the box beside Language. A drop-down menu displays.
- Select your prefered language. The system updates your preference; there is no Save button.
2 Opening the form submission page
- On the Dashboard page, click WEBSITE in the top-level menu. The Website Content page displays.
- On the left side menu, click CONTENT. The folder opens.
- Inside the CONTENT folder, click Forms. The Forms page displays.
3 Opening a form with submission data
- Locate a form with submission data.
- Hover the mouse pointer on the form. The menu displays.
- Click View Submissions. The form's Submissions page displays.
- Locate the form you want to review.
- Click View Submitted Data. The Submitted Data page displays on the right side of the page.
4 Translating submitted data
The Submitted Data page displays the form's labels and original content submitted by a website visitor. The image below shows a simple form with Chinese script in the Name and Message fields.
On the Switch Language line, select a different language option. In the example below, the option is Australian English (the preferred language as adjusted on Step 1 above). The user-submitted data — name and message — are presented in English.