This article shows you how to use the date picker and its Custom Range feature.
The date picker is a useful tool for reviewing web site performance data. Set a start and finish date for your analysis and the Sinorbis platform generates data and charts for that time period.
The Sinorbis date picker has 2 unique features.
- The time period you select is saved and carried forward to every analytics page you visit. For example, you login, land on the Dashboard page, and set the date picker to show data for the last 7 days. Then you visit the Search Ranking page. Data on the Search Ranking page are displayed for the same time period. You can select a different time period any time you want.
- You can define a custom range for the data analysis. Like most date pickers, there are time period options (e.g. last 7 days, last 6 months, or last year). With the Custom Range feature, use the mouse pointer to select any time period you want. The Custom Range you set is the default time period until you choose a different start and finish time.
1 Locating the date picker
The date picker is available on the Dashboard page. It's also on every page inside the Analytics and SEO folders (left side menu on the Dashboard page).
- Open a page with the date picker.
- Scroll up to the top of the page. The date picker is the box with a calendar icon.
2 Selecting a time period
- Click the date picker box. The calendar displays.
- Select a time period option from the menu.
- Your original page displays on the screen. The date picker shows the time period you selected.
3 Choosing a custom range
There is no Custom Range button. Instead, use the mouse pointer to highlight an area on the calendar.
- Locate the start date of your custom range on the calendar and then click that date once.
- Release the mouse.
- Hover the mouse pointer over your custom range period. The calendar days are shaded.
- Locate the last day of your custom range and then click that date once.
- Repeat as often as necessary to select the correct start and end dates.
- Click the APPLY button to save your custom range. The platform saves the changes. After saving, your custom range appears in the date picker box.