URL mapping automatically redirects visitors from your old Sinorbis webpage to a new Sinorbis webpage. Here is an example to show why URL mapping might be important to you.
You have an old campaign or landing page that is no longer valid. The page was previously promoted on social media, indexed by search engines, and linked by third-party sites. This situation is easy to imagine if you ran offline events or special sales promotion campaigns.
You don't want the traffic that might still be coming from those third-party sources to go to an error page. That creates a bad user experience and can lead to a high drop-off rate in traffic.
A redirect moves that traffic to an active page even though the old content is no longer live.
1 Locating the URL Mapping page
- Click WEBSITE on the top menu bar. The Website Content page displays.
- On the left side menu, select the SETTINGS folder and then click URL Mapping. The URL Mapping page displays.
2 Adding URL mapping
- Click the Add button on the URL Mapping page. The Add URL Mapping panel opens.
- In the blank field Original URL, add the extension of your old Sinorbis page name to complete the URL.
- In the blank field Destination URL, click the arrow and then chose a page from the menu. This is the new page visitors will see.
- In the Redirect Type field, click the arrow and select Permanent (301).
- Click Done to save.
3 Choosing 301 or 302
The Redirect Type menu has two choices:
- Permanent (301)
- Temporary (302)
We recommend Permanent (301). Web experts suspect a Temporary (302) redirect might result in a search ranking disadvantage. Among the two choices, the Permanent 301 option offers the fewest number of drawbacks.