This article shows you how to create an Event. The Event tool helps you market an offline activity that you are hosting or organising.
By linking an Event and Form, you create a communication tool that works like a ticketing system.
You can collect time-sensitive data from your audience, send auto response replies when people register for an event, collect statistics about conversions, and identify the promotional events that generate the most interest.
In addition to creating an event, you also need to create a form and then link the two together. For more information, see:
1 Locating the Events Dashboard
There is no drag and drop Events component. To create an event, go to the Events page.
- Click WEBSITE in the top-level menu. The Website Content page displays.
- On the left side menu, click Events inside the CONTENT folder. The Events page displays.
2 Creating an Event
- Click the green Create Event button at the top of the Events page. The Create Event panel opens.
- Fill in the form.
- Click Create at the top of the page.
Enter the name of the event. This name is for internal record keeping.
Write the address of the event.
Write the name of the contact person.
Write the email address of the contact person. We suggest you use a generic email account which can be used exclusively for tracking event activity.
Date and Time
Enter the date and time of the event. Include dates and times for the start and finish. All times are China Standard Time (CST).
Choose a language from the menu: Simplified Chinese or English.
This box contains the email message reply. If you leave the default message untouched, the name of your event will be added to the text; the event name will replace "undefined" in the message.
It's not possible to attach a document or image to the email message reply.
3 Editing an Event
- Go the Events page. A list of events appears on the page.
- Hover the mouse pointer on an event. A toolbar displays.
- Click Edit. The Update Event page displays. This is where you can change event information.
- Scroll to the top of the page and then click Save.
- To delete or clone an event, click the More button and then select Delete or Clone in the box.
4 Reviewing the List of Events
After saving an event, it is listed on the Events page. Event information includes:
- event name
- event date
- number of people registered to attend
- number of people who attended the event
Each event has a unique status:
- Draft (not published for registrations yet/under review)
- Open (currently taking registrations)
- Completed (already happened)
You can change how events are displayed on the page:
- Scroll to the top of the page and then click the ALL box. A drop-down menu appears.
- Select All, Draft, Open, or Completed.
5 Reviewing Statistics
The Events page tells you how many people registered for an event. After the event, you can see how many attended.
For more information, click on Registrations or Attendees. The Registrations page displays and lists:
- the unique number automatically assigned to each registered person
- each registrant’s name
- email address (and other information provided by the registrant in the contact form)
- time and date of registration
- whether or not the person attended the event (if the event is over)
You cannot view the information provided by each person who submitted a contact form here. To view that information, go to the Form page.
You can download and save the Registrations page data as an Excel file. Click the Download this List button.