This article shows you 2 tools to collect event attendance data. All data are stored online, so event managers can monitor figures remotely.
Collecting accurate attendance figures provides event managers with data to assess the effectiveness of an online campaign. These data include the number of people who attended and participation rates (i.e. the percentage of registrants who actually attended the event).
The 2 event attendance data collection tools are:
- scanned QR codes
- manual check-in
Both tools require a basic setup at an event. This includes a managed point of entry to the event, online access with computer or tablet, and a QR code scanning device.
Before collecting attendance data, you must first create a published contact form that is linked to an event. If a contact form is not connected to an event, or published, attendance data cannot be collected by the Sinorbis platform. For more information, see:
1 Scanning QR Codes
Each person who registers online to attend an event is sent a welcome email message. That message provides basic event information. It also contains a unique QR code.
- When registrants enter your event, ask them to show their QR code.
- Scan the QR code.
The data is collected on your Sinorbis website. Contact your Sinorbis representative to learn how to set up a scanning system at your event.
2 Using the Manual Check-in Tool
You can manually add people to the online attendance count if they do not have a QR code.
- Click WEBSITE in the top-level menu.
- Inside the CONTENT folder, click Events. The Events page displays.
- Click the event you want to modify.
- Locate the name of the registered person.
- Click the Registration button. The Registrations page displays.
- Hover the mouse pointer on the person's name. The toolbar displays.
- Click the Checkin button. The person is now counted as an attendee.